Whistler’s 20th Annual Alcohol-Free New Years Event
Whistler’s First Night is the legendary come one come all NewYear’s Eve Celebration that takes over Whistler’s Village Squareand the Conference Center to say goodbye to the old and to welcomethe new. The 20th annual alcohol-free evening promotes a”Celebration of the Arts” and this year on the eve of Whistlerbeing a host city for the Winter Olympics promises an exciting airof what 2011 will hold. The event will be an evening of fun andfantasy, featuring an inspiring program of great live music,storytelling, art workshops and street entertainment for people ofall ages. This showcasing of talented musicians, actors andcomedians as well as the creativity of local artists blends into afun and exciting mix of performing and participatory arts.
A True Family-Friendly Celebration
The lively energy that is First Night gets underway @ 6:30pm onDecember 31st which leaves enough time to explore and experiencethe celebration in its entirety before the new year is upon us.First Night promotes the “family friendly message” and is proudlyan alcohol-free evening. Whistler Village’s perimeter is securedand for the nominal entry advance ticket fee of $15 adults/ $8 – 12years and under, or evening fee of $20 adult and $10 – 12 andunder, 2 years and under are FREE.
Whistler provides a safe, secure and creative alternative toalcohol-based New Year’s celebrations.
Keeping in line with the “there’s something for everyone” theme,First Night offers a 9:30pm countdown for the younger participantsin the crowd that can’t quite last until the actual stroke ofmidnight.
Of course a New Year’s celebration cannot exist withoutfireworks! Locals and visitors alike ring in the New Yearsound-tracked by live performances on two stages and memorablefireworks display lighting up the mountains.
Looking for New Years’ Eve Accommodation?
CommentsDecember 31, 2010
The Core is your one stop Whistler gym for physicaltraining.
Building the skills necessary to get the most out your skiing,rock climbing or mountain biking vacation.
It also provides excellent activities for your kids; so they canhave a blast while you’re out on the mountain, well, having ablast!
Where else could you find all the following provided by onefacility?
There is no other gym in Whistler like The Core.
- Weight training to build your strength and muscle tone
- Cardio machines to stretch your endurance
- Ashtanga vinyasa power yoga sessions to stretch and tonemuscles and improve pulmonary function
- 5500 square-foot indoor rock climbing wall with a BoulderingZone with hundreds of holds for intermediate to advancedclimbers
- Introduction to Climbing Courses including belaying, routefinding skills, rope management, and basic movement technique
- Advanced Outdoor Courses that guide experienced climbers to thetop of the Squamish Chief
- Beginners’ Outdoor Courses teaching novice climbers aboutlaybacks, cracks, slabs, dihedrals, and introducing them to some ofthe less demanding multi-pitch climbs
- Basic Rescue Courses to prepare you to assist other climbers introuble
- Test of Metal Spin Classes to get ready for the Test of Metalmountain bike race
- Geocaching Whistler Fun Tour – a GPS hunt for hidden geocachesfocusing on Whistler’s history & ecosystem
- Geocaching Whistler Action Tour- a GPS hunt over challengingterrain
- Women Only climbing sessions for the perfect girls’ dayout
- Equipment rentals and retail sales
For The Young Ones | Whistler Children’sActivities
- Guided Climbing Sessions including belaying and coaching forchildren ages 4 and up
- Kids Climb and Dine – three hours of guided climbing forchildren 6 to 12, including climbing gear, a climbing guide, anddinner
- Kids’ birthday parties
- Rock Monkeys 4-hour adventure winter day camp, featuring indoorrock climbing, and tubing at the Coca Cola Tube Park
- Rock Solid’ Two Day Camp on the outdoor wall at the base ofBlackcomb, including fireman’s rope, suspension ladder, flying foxzip line, a high ropes course and for the daring, the famed leap offaith
Only The Core offers so much convenience and expertise under oneroof.
Photo by Steve Rogers
Want To Save Money? Whistler Vacation PackagesAvailable
If you’re looking to book your next Whistlervacation accommodations packaged with any one of more Whistleractivities, don’t hesitate to contact one our in-resort vacationspecialists.
Save money and valuable time by booking your next Whistlerreservations with us.
CommentsDecember 17, 2010
Aloha Whistler Accommodation celebrates its29th year by launching a new website, slogan and logo.
Aloha to Whistler Accommodations
“Aloha Whistler is all about feeling welcome. Welcome toWhistler. Welcome to your Whistler vacation partner. That’s whatwe’re all about” notes Gord Huxtable, Aloha Whistler VP ofOperations. “Our new website has been developed to provide moreinformation and resources to provide that welcome you to ourservices…. great slopeside accommodations inWhistler, vacation packages and property management.”
New Website, New Logo, New Slogan
“We developed a new logo and a new website address that we feelmore accurately reflects the new direction of Aloha. Our new slogan’Select Mountainside Home’ says it all. We offer great mountainside accommodations coupled with the insider knowledge to help ourguests have a great Whistler experience.” adds Huxtable.
Locally & Lovingly Crafted
The majority of the site’s photos were supplied by Steve Rogers, a prominentlocal photographer. Custom FitOnline Solutions, a Whistler web design and developmentcompany, created the logo and website utilizing a contentmanagement system with integrated blog, weather feeds, eventscalendar, photo / video galleries and more.
Your Feedback is Welcome
“We welcome regarding our new website. We’re committed tocontinually upgrade and improve our site with feedback from ourguests and partners. Feel free to use our comments form below, contact form, Twitter or Facebook to reach out tous” adds Huxtable.