Whistler’s Kokanee Crankworx, the biggest and mostprestigious freeride mountain bike festival on our bigplanet is back for 2011. Whistler Crankworx finished its seventhyear as its largest yet in 2010.
The World’s Greatest Freeride Festival
In less than a decade, Whistler Crankworx has become THEfree ride festival worldwide. A supercharged magnet forthe world’s best riders and the definitive domestication of dirt inthe service of epic endurance, supreme flow, monster air andgravity-fuelled mountain biking. Over ten fearless days in July,the venues at the Whistler Mountain Bike Park serve as amodern day Colosseum to the world’s best mountain bikeathletes.
Highlights from Whistler’s Crankworx 2010: The numbers speak forthemselves year after year, from spectators, online web views,athletes and cash prizes – the list goes on.
- Over 20,000 spectators lined the course and filled Skier’sPlaza for the Monster Energy Slopestyle
- Highest visited period in the Whistler Mountain Bike Parkever
- Nearing 8,000 facebook followers
- Mike Montgomery’s GoPro footage of his Slope style run – nowover 1.1 million views
- Over 300 accredited media from 17 countries, including majorbike magazines, filmmakers and bike industry webzines
- Over 1,200 competitor starts throughout the event
9 Days of the Ultimate Mountain Biking Event
When it comes to the ultimatemountain biking event, no nine days stand so solid asWhistler BC’s Kokanee Crankworx. On par with the X Games, PipelineMasters, and the Hannenkahm, Crankworx is the definitive event whenit comes to off-road bicycles flying up and down Canada’s roughexterior.
Whistler’s Crankworx continues to progress the mountain bike sceneon all fronts. Crankworx 2011 runs from July 15 to 24.
Check out the complete listing of 2011 WhistlerCrankworx events:
|Friday July 15|
Saturday July 16
Sunday July 17
Tuesday July 19
Wednesday July 20
|Thursday July 21 Friday July 22|
Saturday July 23 Sunday July 24
Looking for Crankworx Accommodations?
for help with information and lodging selection or browse ourchoice of the best accommodations inWhistler.
Crankworx Photo: Steve Rogers