Say “Whistler” to people of a certain age and theirmemory clocks will spin back to the days when “Cocktailsin Whistler” meant either sitting in one of the trailers thathoused the original Dusty’s at Creekside ordriving north to The Boot, a pub in the hostel at the other end oftown.
There was a time when drinking in Whistler meant hanging outinside and not talking advantage of the spectacular views. Today,Whistler offers some of the most beautiful locations in the worldfor where visitors can sit back, relax, and enjoy a top notchcocktails take in the natural surroundings.
Discover five favourite Whistler waterholes with greatviews!
Located in The Nita Lake Lodge, this waterfront hotel has abeautiful lakeside lounge. With a fireplace to add warmth to itsdark wood/leather ambience, Cure Lounge &Patio has the added foodie appeal with a menu dedicated to OldWorld charcuterie.
The dark days are over for this Whistler stalwart. Out of thetrailer and into the light, Dusty’s Bar has nowtaken advantage of its location by creating one of the sunniestpatios in Whistler.
On a sunny ski day, getting a good seat on the patio is achallenge worth undertaking. Lively and convivial, The Longhorn hasgood pub grub, a wide selection of bottled and on tap beers, aswell as daily specials and a great view of Blackcomb.
Large, open lounge space in the Chateau Fairmont with itswindows looking onto the foot of Blackcomb Mountain with centralbar, awesome servers and a baby grand in the centre of the room, The Mallard Bar is oldschool luxury. Bonus: They will most likely have the obscure scotchyou order. Bonus: Live entertainment.
5280 Bar & Bistro
A ‘leather and oak establishment old club’ feel in Four Season’sWhistler location, 5280 Bar& Bistro married “gentleman’s club” with modern West Coastconstruction. The Four Seasons is renowned for stellar service andthis Upper Village destination lounge is no exception. EnjoyBlackcomb along with your handcrafted cocktail.
Get Connected with Whistler
Before you partake in your favourite beverage while enjoying theWhistler view why not check out Aloha’s accommoodation listings forWhistler, then contactour in-resort team for full vacation planning… includingdinner and apres reservations!
Photo Credit: Steve Rogers, Tourism Whistler
CommentsJanuary 6, 2011
The Core is your one stop Whistler gym for physicaltraining.
Building the skills necessary to get the most out your skiing,rock climbing or mountain biking vacation.
It also provides excellent activities for your kids; so they canhave a blast while you’re out on the mountain, well, having ablast!
Where else could you find all the following provided by onefacility?
There is no other gym in Whistler like The Core.
- Weight training to build your strength and muscle tone
- Cardio machines to stretch your endurance
- Ashtanga vinyasa power yoga sessions to stretch and tonemuscles and improve pulmonary function
- 5500 square-foot indoor rock climbing wall with a BoulderingZone with hundreds of holds for intermediate to advancedclimbers
- Introduction to Climbing Courses including belaying, routefinding skills, rope management, and basic movement technique
- Advanced Outdoor Courses that guide experienced climbers to thetop of the Squamish Chief
- Beginners’ Outdoor Courses teaching novice climbers aboutlaybacks, cracks, slabs, dihedrals, and introducing them to some ofthe less demanding multi-pitch climbs
- Basic Rescue Courses to prepare you to assist other climbers introuble
- Test of Metal Spin Classes to get ready for the Test of Metalmountain bike race
- Geocaching Whistler Fun Tour – a GPS hunt for hidden geocachesfocusing on Whistler’s history & ecosystem
- Geocaching Whistler Action Tour- a GPS hunt over challengingterrain
- Women Only climbing sessions for the perfect girls’ dayout
- Equipment rentals and retail sales
For The Young Ones | Whistler Children’sActivities
- Guided Climbing Sessions including belaying and coaching forchildren ages 4 and up
- Kids Climb and Dine – three hours of guided climbing forchildren 6 to 12, including climbing gear, a climbing guide, anddinner
- Kids’ birthday parties
- Rock Monkeys 4-hour adventure winter day camp, featuring indoorrock climbing, and tubing at the Coca Cola Tube Park
- Rock Solid’ Two Day Camp on the outdoor wall at the base ofBlackcomb, including fireman’s rope, suspension ladder, flying foxzip line, a high ropes course and for the daring, the famed leap offaith
Only The Core offers so much convenience and expertise under oneroof.
Photo by Steve Rogers
Want To Save Money? Whistler Vacation PackagesAvailable
If you’re looking to book your next Whistlervacation accommodations packaged with any one of more Whistleractivities, don’t hesitate to contact one our in-resort vacationspecialists.
Save money and valuable time by booking your next Whistlerreservations with us.
CommentsDecember 17, 2010
Everyone has their own reason to visit Whistler, whetherit’s skiing, snowboarding, fresh air, family fun or crazynightlife. With all the new snow that has arrived inWhistler, we can’t wait to see you this season. Of course, with allthat fresh powder waiting, we don’t expect to see you very much!Here are five Whistler events that we love.
TELUS Winter Classic – Jan 28 – 29, 2011
- Classic Whistler apres
- Wine Tasting
- Live entertainment
- Mountain Top Gala
Full details for the 2011 TELUS WinterClassic can be found at the Whistler Blackcomb Foundationwebsite.
Appleton Rum Peak to Valley Race – Feb 4 – 5, 2011
- Ski from Whistler Saddle to Dusty’s
- 180 gates
- 1443 metre vertical drop
- Helmets are mandatory (new)
Check out this Peak to Valley fan videowe found on YouTube.
7 Eleven Fire and Ice – Every Sunday at 6:30pm
- Whistler village
- Fire spinners
- Ring of fire
- Ski jumps
- Snowboard tricks
Rio Tinto Alcan Whistler Cup – April 8 – 10, 2011
- International event
- Largest North American ski race
- Features the best upcoming youth skiers from all over theworld!
Information about news, volunteers, photos, video and historycan be found at WhistlerCup.com
TELUS World Ski and Snowboard Festival – April 15 – 24,2010
- Fashion shows
- Films and photography
- Live music
- ‘Party in April, Sleep till May’ – festival motto
For 15 years, the TELUS Ski andSnowboard Festival has turned Whistler into the epic party thatno one wants to miss.
What Brings YOU To Whistler?
These are the 5 big events that our guests talk about. Feel freeto share your experiences with us.
CommentsNovember 30, 2010
Whistler Sliding Centre returns for the 2010 – 2011 winterseason this month starting with the Viessmann FIBT World Cup.
The Viessmann FIBT World Cup will be the first competitive eventto take place at the Whistler Sliding Centre since the 2010 Olympicand Paralympic Winter Games that took place last year.
Skeleton and Bobsleigh events featuring some of the bestathletes from Canada and around the world starts November 25 andwill continue on through until November 27th.
FIBT World Cup directions, schedules, and admission costs areavailable from WhistlerSliding Centre website .
Whistler Sliding Centre Tours
Take a self guided tour of one of Whistler’s premier Olympicskeleton, luge and bobsleigh tracks and see where dreams cametrue.
Built between 2005 and 2007, Whistler Sliding Centre took almosttwo full years to complete in order to be ready for last yearsOlympic and Paralympic Winter Games.
Easy access via the Excalibur Gondola, stop in and see theaction.
The Whistler Sliding Centre is only one of the many newfeatures passed on after the 2010 games at the most popular ski resort in the world.
We’ve grown and we here at Aloha WhistlerAccommodation would love to have you backagain for another season.
Photo by Steve Rogers.